Monday, July 12, 2010

First Day

I'm not going to lie when I entered the Gallery for my first day, I was completely scared. I had no idea what to expect. I was to be an assistant to Nyssa Frank, the Director of the Gallery, but what to do, I had no idea. Nyssa was extremely welcoming and as she described the situation of the Gallery I was really shocked. She explained that everyone in the gallery held a status of equality. Sounds corny, but its true. Even being the youngest kid in the entire Gallery, each day I feel fully respected and equally priveledged as anybody else. This is just the way of the gallery. As each and every person that works at the Gallery is exremely talented, everyone if given equal opportunity to anything that happens in the gallery. Nyssa gave an example of an upcoming call for a covershot for Bluroc Magazine and said that I would be able to give a photo. Could you imagine a 17 year old, first day on the job, and being offered an opportunity for a magazine cover? Where would ever be given that opportunity? I was ecstatic and from that point i knew that what the Gallery had in store for me would be great. That first was really an interview and i guess Nyssa wanted to get a feel for her new intern. I left high hopes and was told i would be working the following day.

No comments:

Post a Comment